Monday, November 21, 2011

Crockpot Pork Tenderloin Recipe

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for SO many things.  One of which is having Julie an email away to frantically ask for a crock pot suggestion for a White Plume Thanksgiving lunch I helped organize.  I, too, recommend this recipe from Allrecipes.com.  It passed with flying colors.  There were no leftovers.


Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin using Onion Soup Mix




Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin 
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
*I added a shallot because I had one this past time.  Loved the flavor*
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker.
2.  Top with the contents of the soup packet.  I have used Lipton and for reference the package looks like this below.  Use only one packet.  Save the other for next time!



2. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.  

3. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. 

4. Sprinkle with pepper,  and cover.

5.  For a 1 lb tenderloin cook on low for an hour and high for the final 3.  Add an hour for every additional lb.  I have used a 2.5 lb tenderloin and cooked on low for 2 hours and high for 3.  It fell apart with tenderness.

* As long as there is liquid in the crockpot, you can continue cooking or leave it on "keep warm."

The pork tenderloin in this one is a massive 2.5 pounder.  
Your house will smell amazing.  I have always loved the pre-made tenderloins but nothing compares to this!


Note:

I now make a gravy for the tenderloin and potatoes.  Add some butter to a pan and slowly whisk in some flour to thicken.  Scoup a some of the gravy and whisk until you achieve your desired thickness.




I leave you with a picture of my 'art project' for the office luncheon centerpiece.  It is a Thanksgiving tree.  Each employee wrote what they were thankful for. It came together quite easily/nicely.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

*Updated pictures and details 11/4/2014*

No comments:

Post a Comment