Monday, January 25, 2010

Oatmeal Crispies - Better than chocolate

I know. I can't believe I said it either.  I think I've decided this is my favorite cookie.  I didn't have time to step by step tonight.  (The Bachelor at a friend's house...I know...priorities.)  BUT I did take time to take pictures with my fun camera.  I've learned a thing or two.  Well, besides the second photo.  It takes me back to my nearsightedness days.

And for the recipe. Mom, I copied and pasted it from you:

Oatmeal Crispies


1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
2 well beaten eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. flour (all purpose)
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
½ c. chopped pecans (optional)

Cream shortening & sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet (sprayed with Pam) and bake at 350 degrees approximately 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment