Monday, October 22, 2012

Brody-approved Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits



















How simple? 4 ingredients!  I first found this recipe on Pinterest of course.  Brody is going to stay at his home-away-from-home this weekend (Marcia and her daughter Claire are who I have to thank for Brody today).  I figure this would be a nice "thank-you."  Gus, Marcia's dog, is one of Brody's favorite playmates.  Tomorrow I search for a cute jar for packaging!

Ingredients:
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup low-fat milk ( I used skim and it was fine)

375 degree preheat













In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.  To the left are the wet ingredients (what milk and PB look like mixed together).





Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. This is the easiest dough I've worked with in a long time!








Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown.



Here they were once cooled on the rack!










Finally, let your best taste-tester sample.  Brody was "wild" about them!


(The recipe made about 3 dozen with my 3 inch dog bone cutter.)

3 comments:

  1. I am SO happy that Brody finally got over his camera shyness. I love these pictures and obviously, Brody likes the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's all....mmmmmmmmm biscuits!!!!! Enjoy Brody!!!

    ReplyDelete