Sunday, July 14, 2013

Maw's Refrigerator Cookies (Shortbread Cookies)



The family recipe book assembly is still underway!  It's reminding me of some of my FAVORITE recipes from childhood.  These shortbread cookies Maw (Mom's mother) made for us.  She would sprinkle them with colored crystal sugars.  The bonus about this recipe....you can keep them in log form (see below) in the refrigerator for a week!  And for a girl who absolutely loves chocolate - I can tell you these rank up there!



Mine were a little brown.  Keep your eyes on them!  I am not going to write out the steps because I did what was written on the recipe card.  This is one of Maw's recipe cards.  You can tell because she always used her cursive typewriter. I love it!


Note:  It is easier to make the logs actually square.  I wrapped mine in parchment paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment