Monday, July 6, 2009

Blueberry Pound Cake

Happy 4th everyone! For the weekend at the lake (with my best friend's fam) I brought along something I have been dying to make since berries came in season....blueberry pound cake. It was a good excuse. The Downings seemed to enjoy it too. I normally have a rule; fruit and dessert do not mix. But on certain occasions I go against that rule. So, if you are like me, give this a try. It is goodness. PLUS, it is a piece of cake. Literally. (Sorry, I had to.)

Blueberry Pound Cake

1 box butter cake mix
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1/3 c. oil
8 oz cream cheese
2 cups blueberries




To start:

Let the cream cheese and eggs sit off to the side and become room temperature. Set the oven to preheat at 350 degrees.

Mix the cake mix and pudding mix. Gradually beat in eggs, oil and cream cheese. (The cream cheese is MUCH easier to beat in once you have it room temp.)

Grab the berries. Give them a good wash. Yes, there were two brands of berries and you KNOW which one I picked!



Mix the berries in with a spatula. I would not suggest using a beater. The blueberries burst and your cake turns out looking like a smurf.


Pour it in a bundt pan and bake 350 for an hour. (I actually reduced my heat to 325 since I had a dark pan and left it in about 10 minutes longer. I should have taken it out on time. It was a little brown in my oven...)



Enjoy! I forgot to take a finished picture. I was distracted by packing so you will have to look at the ones I snapped at the lake!




I like to sprinkle the top with confectioners sugar. Make sure you let it completely cool before you do so or it melts. I also learned if it becomes extra hot in the car from direct sun, the condensation will cause it to melt the sugar as well. :) Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment