Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cake Decorating Round 2

My best friend's baby girl gets baptized this weekend and I wanted soooo bad to try out my cake decorating skills again. It's been awhile since I took the class and I know "practice makes perfect." I haven't done one bit of practicing since the class ended. SO, here is what I came up with...


I brought this to work today for my coworkers to test out. Of all days to bring the cake to work with me, I picked today. We have hurrican Ida above us dumping buckets of rain with wind. I guess you can say it made the day a little bit better to have sweets in the kitchen. The cake is red velvet and the icing is the cream cheese icing Mom makes (tinted pink). I think consensus is to stick with that! The flower icing wasn't the correct consistency so I will work on that again for this weekend. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment