Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Roasted Cherry Tomato Rigatoni


This is my absolute favorite pasta....I've been cooking this recipe every other week for a couple months now (that is no exaggeration). Those who know me well, know I HAD an aversion to tomatoes. That is no more. This recipe consists mostly of tomatoes. It's fresh and healthy so when I eat tons of it, I don't feel AS bad.

I wanted to give it (the recipe) justice with pictures and last night I think I did. Did I mention I did this along with the cake decorating? I started when I got home from work and I didn't quit untill 8:30!

Because I am being lazy, here is the recipe straight from my note cards (in the cute little recipe holder given to me by Ashley):





First, rinse off the 2 pints of cherry tomatoes. Slice them in half, lengthwise.

The recipe calls to finely chop your onions. This is code for 'food processor' in my kitchen.



In a skillet on medium heat, add about 4 splashes of olive oil. Add onions and sautee till translucent.



Turn the heat down (to low) and add garlic, allowing it to cook until fragrant and not brown.



Add tomatoes.  Season with salt and pepper. Add dried herbs and sugar. Cook down the tomatoes over low heat, stirring occasionally, for ~45 minutes.



Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and pasta. Top with fresh basil if you want (which I never have...I tried to grow my own but the bugs ate more of it than I did).

Wallah!  I strongly suggest topping it with the pecorino romano!


ENJOY and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment