Thursday, July 7, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream - Wendy's Frosty Style!

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream - Wendy's Frosty

Do you like Wendy's frosties? If you do, you will want this recipe. This is a proven recipe Mom has made for MANY Scarbrough family reunions (including this weekend). It is extra enjoyable when it is hot outside (so make it this weekend).

I've been meaning to post this recipe for some time now. I took these pictures over Memorial Day and ended up making ice cream again the Friday before the 4th weekend for work.  It was "jeans day" so I suggested ice cream.  It was a good excuse for a work party...

The recipe:

-2 cans sweetened condensed milk (I use one regular and one fat free.)
-1 qt chocolate milk (I normally use Publix 1% because it comes in pint size...but not shown in pic)
-12 oz coolwhip (I use light.)
-1/4 c. chocolate syrup
-Rock salt
-ICE (you will need all the ice in your frig and possibly more...i always buy a bag)

Simply mix all ingredients in the container...

Rock salt is important.  The more you use, the quicker it will freeze.

The after product...
White Plume break room mini celebration...

P.S.  This shows you don't need a fancy ice cream maker.  I love mine (thanks Mom...or Easter Bunny...or Santa).  You can get one similar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment