Monday, August 3, 2009

Class is in Session


Tonight was my first night taking 'Course 1: Discover Cake Decorating' by Wilton. It was a long class lasting 2 hours. It was closer to 2.5 hours by the time we all left the cake isle. I learned more than I ever imagined and it's yet to be "hands on!" Just think what I will learn next week! THIS will make for some interesting blogging. It is late, and I have yet to accomplish anything tonight so I will leave you with this...

5 random things I learned from class:

1. The icing you buy from the store will never harden. So we must use the recipe given to us. Not sure how I feel about that. I like store container icing. (I think I owe some of that to you, LP-G).

2. Crisco has changed their recipe lately so Wilton had to change theirs. It HAD transfat in it. Not anymore. (Wow, so that banana bread I used to make WASN'T so healty after all.)

3. You can spend a FORTUNE on cake decorating nick nacks. My favorite item today was the Wilton Cake Leveler. You better believe I bought one. From now on I will be torting.

4. To get true white in icing you have to buy clear vanilla. It is artificially flavored.

5. Monday is the perfect time to take the class. You have all weekend to prepare because you must come equipped with a cake and variations of icing. I got lucky - I hadn't even thought of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment